What we do for you
"Massage is not just a luxury, it's a necessity"
Also considered a “Maintenance” massage as the body undergoes constant stresses and niggles a during everyday life, a general massage allows our Newport
massage practitioners to focus on an individual’s particular muscle or group of muscles to help make everyday tasks that little bit easier.
During the week, the average person has to work longer hours and weeks to provide for their families due to the increase in living costs in Britain. Working
in an office can put extreme pressure on particular muscles whilst sat in the same hunched position weeks on end. As a result of this progressive increase
in work load, the body should undergo regular massage maintenance to restore its normative function. It is important to use massage therapy to relieve
these strained muscles or overactive muscles from this position with massage in order to reduce any evident pain or any pain from arising in the future.
Just like a car needs looking after and requires a yearly MOT to check whether it is performing efficiently, an individual should also use this mentality
to allow the body to work stress free with as little discomfort as possible.
I had an operation on my back for a slipped disc end of 2013 but it wasn't the miracle I was hoping for - driving was still hindered as well as sitting at a computer, both essential for my job. Walking any great distance with my dog was painful due to the continued sciatica and coupled with sleepless nights I was at an all time low when Ross was recommended.....I can only say I wish I could have been treated by him 2 years ago - maybe I wouldn't have needed the operation!! He has been able to understand the 'bigger picture' of the problem and work on the route cause which in turn has enabled me to understand my own body and the need to maintain the core exercises he has given me. With Ross's patience, understanding and encouragement he has enabled me to turn a corner and so start to enjoy life again.
Benefits to you
- Every time you throw your dog a ball in the park, which arm do you use?
- Every time you pick up something heavy, which arm do you use?
- Every time you stir your pasta before tea, which arm do you use?
- 9/10 you will be using your more dominant hand/arm. This can place extreme stresses on one side of your body causing your posture to be detrimentally affected. This may not be apparent until in a few years time when you attempt one of the pre-mentioned activities, you feel weak or pain. Use massage to address these problems early on so you are able to stand tall and embrace the new found strength with improved posture.
Reduce aches and pains
- Be able to carry your shopping through the front door without holding your hand to your back following pain. Massage can identify the particular muscle groups at fault and alleviate that pain and replace it with the feeling of comfort, strength and stability.
Reduce the likelihood of illness
- Tired of waking up with a blocked nose or sore throat? A 45 minute massage a week has been proven to increase the body’s ability to fight infection as a result of increase white blood cells it can initiate. Bin those dreaded tissues and lemsip!