At The Treatment Room we have our very own Musculoskeletal (MSK) Diagnostic Ultrasound Service carried out by our in-house physiotherapist.
What is MSK ultrasound?
Musculoskeletal (MSK) ultrasound is an injury diagnosis assessment technique that is used to create images of muscles, tendons, ligaments and joints throughout
the body. We can then use these images to confirm any clinical findings.
Our specialist musculoskeletal sonogrophers carry out all of our ultrasound services at our Newport clinic thanks to our Treatment Room physiotherapy team.
We can scan for the following conditions:
- Muscle strains / tears
- Shoulder rotator cuff injury / bursitis Tendinopathy (patellar, achilles, tennis elbow, plantar fasciitis)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome / wrist pain
- Ligament injuries
- Tendinous Conditions
- Every patient can undergo sonography - There are no contraindications and all scanning is carried out with the patient in a comfortable position.
- Real-time dynamic examination of the patient - Enables imaging through patient movement which allows for the clinician to assess structures through
a patients painful action.
- Allows for bilateral comparison - Clinicians are able to quickly assess and compare limbs to detect asymmetries and evaluate if a pathology exists.
Description of the machine.
Does this interest you? Get in touch to book your appointment with our practitioner at our Newport facilities today.