At The Treatment Room we have our very own Musculoskeletal (MSK) Diagnostic Ultrasound Service carried out by our in-house physiotherapist.
What is MSK ultrasound?
It is an injury diagnosis assessment technique that is used to create images of muscles, tendons, ligaments and joints throughout the body. We can then
use these images to confirm any clinical findings.
Our specialist sonogrophers perform all of our ultrasound services at our Newport clinic thanks to our Treatment Room physiotherapy team.
What can we scan for?
- Muscle strains / tears
- Shoulder rotator cuff injury / bursitis Tendinopathy (patellar, achilles, tennis elbow, plantar fasciitis)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome / wrist pain
- Ligament injuries
- Every patient can undergo sonography
- Allows real-time dynamic examination of the patient
- Facilitates quick bilateral comparison
Does this interest you? Get in touch to book your appointment with our practitioner at our Newport facilities.